Monday, January 10, 2011

Busy Summer Times...

"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared" ~ Buddha, c.563-483BCE


So... we're back!!! Sorry for the long absence, but the silly season sprung upon us with a vengence this time round what with school concerts, dance concerts, Christmas Parties, Birthday Parties, End of Year Functions, Christmas Shopping, Giving and Sharing and all the usual guff! So much so that there left little time for anything else. But a huge Happy New Year to you all and I sincerely hope you all had a fantastic Christmas time spent with those who are near and dear, and was filled full of all things yummy, scrummy and delicious xox
The head of the household placing the star atop our Christmas Tree :)

The loves of our lives standing very proud in front
of their beautiful creation
I officially finished up my very last order in the day or 2 before Christmas, and already have some eager customers waiting for my new goodies to hit shelves and their hot little hands in the next few weeks... makes a girl feel very special! So... today is the first day of BnB's return to reality, and geez it's hard to tear myself away from my casual crocheting, occasional movie watching and all round cruise time!
Our end of year open-air school concert

Our precious cherubs and my sister and brother-in-law's
gorgeous kiddies also, on Chris's birthday visit
But the time just after Christmas is also my annual clean out time as well. So far I've conquered the big back room (kids end only so far, my studio end is still a work in progress), all 4 kids bedrooms have had a big declutter and dejunk, the boys clothes have been sorted and all the small pieces pulled out, both the bathrooms have had an overhaul, and also a few other random cupboards around the house. Alas... still a way to go yet though, but I'll get there!
Our precious big girl Miss Denbi Mae at her second ever dance concert!!
SO proud of you sweetheart, and the very well earned trophy you got too xox

And the whole time I have been doing this... I have also been slowly hammering away at that crocheted square blanket I showed you pics of a while back (see here). Thought I had made great progress, until I worked out just how big I wanted to make this baby and how many little squares that involved... and I fell about 500 short! Yup- 500!!!! So my measley little pile looks even smaller now, however I am really enjoying the process of making it so I can wait for the finished product! Plus I have added some yummy new colours into the mix now as well, I am so pumped to see the end result.

Holiday fun... the magic garden the kids received from my sister amongst other things
at Christmas time. Remember these?? Heaps of fun to watch it grow!
Summertime scooting on the front verandah...
Another thing I have been getting busy with over the last few "downtime" weeks, has been some new items I plan on selling this year. Always meant to get this project happening but haven't really had the time to get it underway... so stay tuned!

So... welcome back to us all and thanks so much for staying true and for all the support! 2011 is going to be awesome!

xox K




No comments:

Post a Comment